At The Dialogue Church, we are fervently praying for Boston. This Sunday we will be praying for Boston during all services!
In the aftermath of these horrific events, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. It is OVERWHELMING.
It’s difficult to know how to really respond: anger, rage, vengeance, forgiveness, unity.
Let me share 7 truths that can help you respond to crisis (like the horrible tragedy in Boston this week), critics, and the call of God:
1. Jesus said, “In this world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” Jesus has already overcome depression, despair, and death on the cross. Jesus is the ultimate overcomer. We can look to him when we are feeling overwhelmed and inadequate. We can look to Him when we feel confused and chaotic. We can look to him when we are sinking, even drowning. He is the overcomer!
2. The bible says, Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world. That means you are an overcomer. You are more than a conqueror through Christ! He ultimately overcame, so you could overcome!
3. Our nation is facing a terrorist threat, but there is ONE THING WE CAN ALL DO. For quite some time, our nation has been facing a terrorist threat. And its painful and scary and unreal that a little 8 year old boy lost his life tragically in an act of evil by “religious” zealots. Don’t think that you can’t do anything about it. You can PRAY. And prayer is not a last resort, it is the WMD OF HEAVEN! Let’s use it. Let’s use it because there is a much greater terrorist on the loose, he is the ultimate terrorist. His name is Satan and he is out to kill, steal, and destroy humanity & God’s church. That is his only aim. That is his only mission. That is all he cares about. So be alert. Be united. Be in prayer. Prayer can unite. Prayer can tear down enemy strongholds. Prayer can do in the supernatural what we can’t do in the natural.
4. You are NOT the solution, you are only the servant. You don’t have to fix everybody, in fact we can’t fix anybody, only Jesus can. So don’t get lost in the busyness of trying to help people. There are a lot of needs, there always will be until we get to heaven. And you aren’t the Savior, JESUS IS. Just focus on leading people to Jesus. And make sure you are spending time with Jesus in prayer. Do all you can to lead people to Jesus, but then trust God with the results. You can’t force someone to change, no matter how much you want them to.
5. There will always be critics, but keep doing what you are called to do. Noah was criticized. Abraham was laughed at. David was mocked by Goliath, and had to run for his life from King Saul. Samson was betrayed. John the Baptist was beheaded, and they crucified our Lord Jesus Christ. Whenever a miraculous move of God springs up like The Dialogue Church, know that criticism and persecution will come. Maybe nobody has lost their lives physically, but emotional and relational wounds can be just as deadly. Stay alert, stay in prayer. And know that God will return to you one hundred fold anything you have lost or given up for the kingdom of God’s sake.
6. Overcome evil with good. When someone slanders you, be kind back to them. You don’t have to explain yourself to every critic. You have the approval of Almighty God. People are going to lie and say all kinds of hurtful things against you when you follow Christ and stand for what is right. But you have every RIGHT not to be offended. You can’t control what everyone says about you. But you can control what you say. Speak words of faith, hope, and love regardless of what the critics are saying.
7. Let God vindicate you. Rest knowing that God will make every wrong right. He will bring justice in his timing and in his way. You don’t need to retaliate. Rest!
8. Jesus is the solution. I am not a lawyer, doctor, psychologist, or police officer. But I’m grateful for those who are. As Christians, we are ministers of the gospel. We know Jesus. And we are called to lift up Jesus so others can be drawn to him. We lead people to Jesus and WE DO THAT REALLY WELL. So keep lifting up Jesus and leading others to Him. That is our mission. Let the doctors be doctors. Let the lawyers be lawyers. Let the psychologists be psychologists and let the police officers be police officers. And we will be the BRIDE FOR WHOM JESUS DIED, THE TABERNACLE OF TRANSFORMATION, THE BODY OF BELIEVERS, THE HOPE OF THE WORLD, THE GREATEST THING GOING ON PLANET EARTH, THE LOCAL CHURCH!